Welcome to Ridgewood’s High School
Grades nine through twelve
High school students at Ridgewood are engaged in a challenging college preparatory curriculum. Students must earn 24 Carnegie units for graduation. These credits include
- four units of English
- four units of mathematics – Required: Alg I, Geometry, Alg II, plus one unit
- two units of foreign language
- four units of laboratory science – Required: Biology, Chemistry, plus two units
- four units of social studies – Required: Civics/Free Enterprise, US Hist, plus two units
- one unit of Arts
- two units of health and physical education
- plus three units of electives
Electives include Publications, Speech, and Band.
High school students have access to a wide variety of extra and co-curricular activities such as Student Council, Peer Helpers, Mu Alpha Theta, Beta Club, Key Club, athletics, cheerleaders, band, and school yearbook and newspaper staffs.
Due to the vigorous academic program and the opportunity for individual growth fostered by small class sizes, Ridgewood graduates are well-prepared to successfully confront the challenges of college academia.